I recently started eating yogurt as a snack and I wanted to sprinkle it with granola. I had a hard time finding a good gluten-free granola option that wasn't too sweet. So, I decided to make my own and it has quickly become a personal and friends favorite. Now, I make this gluten and sugar-free recipe on a weekly basis.
It is super easy and if you want to switch some ingredients out (like almonds instead of walnuts), you totally can. Granola isn't super fussy so feel free to experiment with the recipe.
3 cups gluten-free oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup unsweetened coconut chips or flakes
1/2 cup chopped dates (4-5 dates)
2 tbsp flax meal
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup sunflower butter (or any kind of nut butter like almond or peanut)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Mix the wet ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Combine wet ingredients into dry.
5. Pour granola mix onto a large sheet pan and spread to an even layer.
6. Bake for 30 minutes mixing halfway.
7. Remove from oven and let it cool completely before storing.