Cinnamon Walnut Banana Bread | Plant-Based and Gluten-Free
I bake this banana bread a few times a month and give it out to clients and friends (it’s everyone’s favorite). It’s pretty clean, easy to bake and will become your “go-to” recipe for any special event like a bake sale at your kid's school or to have as a snack with your afternoon cup of coffee.
1 cup maple syrup (½ for bread and ½ for topping)
2 ripe bananas
1/4 cup nut milk of choice
¼ cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sprouted wheat flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cup chopped raw walnuts (1 cup for bread and ½ for topping)
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
*Preheat oven to 350°
1. Blend in a Magic Bullet or blender, bananas, maple syrup, milk, vanilla, and coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add 1 cup of the chopped walnuts to the batter and fold in (save the remaining ½ cup for the top of the bread).
4. In a small bowl mix cinnamon and ½ cup maple syrup, set aside.
5. Grease a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
6. Pour half of the batter into pan and pour half of the cinnamon-maple mixture on top.
7. Spread with remaining batter on the cinnamon syrup and then sprinkle the ½ cup chopped walnuts on top and drizzle remaining cinnamon-maple over them.
8. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
9. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.